A Passive NFC-Based Sensing and Computing Platform (TEC013-0125 is comb'd with this technology)
The growing Internet of Things is calling for versatile means to energize sensors and microcontrollers for a wide range of applications. Near Field Communication (NFC) equipment has been widely adopted on mobile devices. Our technology allows creation of devices that are powered by and communicate with your mobile device.
Description of Technology
This technology is a battery-less NFC based sensing and computing platform that can integrate microcontrollers and sensors for various applications. The device harvests energy from NFC readers for power and transmits sensing and computational results wirelessly. This allows the generation and transmission of new data by the NFC reader.
- Generates new data – Can perform sensing and computational tasks, does not merely transmit known data.
- Conserves device battery life – The device is passive and harvests energy from NFC signals.
- Effective energy harvesting
- New NFC Functions
- Sensors: accelerometers, temperature sensors, light sensors
- Research and Development for NFC: provides programming interfaces to develop various applications
Licensing Rights Available
Full licensing rights available
Inventors: Ruogu Zhou, Guoliang Xing
Tech ID: TEC2013-0124
For Information, Contact:
Michigan State University